As I work with clients, most tell me when I ask them if they have personal and professional goals set they tell me yes. But then I ask to see them and they tell me that they are in their mind and not written down on paper! So, the task at hand is always to write your goals on paper. Here are 5 reasons why we set goals and write them down on paper:
1. Your written goals are YOUR HEADLINES for the future.
2. Goals give us a tangible target as we move forward in life.
3. Goals tell your brain what to notice in the midst of a crowded thought life.
4. Goal setting is an essential tool for disciplining your mind to focus on what is lovely, excellent and worthy of praise.
5. Goal setting builds your character and disciplines you to say yes to the right things and no to the wrong things.